Policies for Our Bed and Breakfast Accommodations in Excelsior Springs
If you are interested in comfortable, romantic, and welcoming lodging near Kansas City, Missouri, consider the Inn on Crescent Lake as the destination for your next getaway.
- Reservations – Reservations are required to stay at the Inn on Crescent Lake. In order to ensure your specific room’s availability, please call or reserve online well in advance.
- Forms of Payment – We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, as well as cash. Please note that a valid credit card must be on file to secure your reservation; however, for most stays you will not be charged until check-in. For extended stays (three nights or longer) or multiple-room bookings, a deposit of 50 percent of the total fee will be charged at the time the reservation is booked.
- Changes/Cancellations – Once a reservation has been booked, any subsequent change is subject to a $25 handling fee. Due to the unique nature of the inn and its sleeping rooms, please be advised that cancellations within 14 days of your scheduled arrival must be charged in full despite the cancellation. Although we cannot guarantee that the rooms will rebook, we will make every effort to rebook your room in the event of a late cancellation and will credit your account to the extent that your room is rebooked. This cancellation policy is extended for holidays and large groups and is otherwise subject to change without notice.
- Arrival & Departure – The normal check-in time at the Inn on Crescent Lake is between 4 and 6 p.m. If you are planning to go to dinner or attend an event, we ask that you either check in prior to your planned activity or schedule a self check-in. This will allow you to relax, enjoy your activity, and return at your convenience. As Owners/Innkeepers, we plan our schedule around our guests’ arrivals and appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If your arrival is later that the normal check-in time frame, please contact us to arrange a self check-in. If you opt for a self check-in, your credit card will be charged the full amount of your stay at that time. Check-ins between 1 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. will be considered early, and an additional $15 fee will apply. Early check-ins will require advance approval and a scheduled arrival time. The additional fees cover added staffing costs to accommodate your early arrival.
- Check-out time on your day of departure is 11 a.m.
- Minimum Stay – Most of the year we accept single-night reservations; however, we do require a minimum two-night stay on three-day holiday weekends and all weekend bookings of three or more rooms (e.g. either Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday).
- Discounts – Except on holidays and three-day holiday weekends, we offer the following discounts. Please inquire at the time of booking if these may apply OR simply make a note of your discount in the “comments” section of your online reservation. PLEASE NOTE: Due to contractual restrictions, we cannot offer discounts on any reservations booked through a third party (such as BedandBreakfast.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.).
- $10/night for clergy, single-guest, AAA, AARP, educators, active military or active police or firefighters (applicable cards must be shown at time of check-in). Use coupon code “10OFF” when booking your stay, and we will apply the discount to all applicable nights in your reservation. Discounts may not be combined.
- Negotiable: Extended-stay (three or more nights)
- Room Restrictions – Open flames of any kind, including candles, incense, etc., are strictly prohibited from use in rooms; however, flameless battery-powered candles may be used. The use of rose petals is strictly prohibited due to the stains they cause on fine linens, carpet, and upholstery. Guests will be charged the full cost of correcting any damage, required cleaning, or replacement that is necessary to return the room to its original condition.
- Smoking – The Inn on Crescent Lake is a non-smoking establishment; however, we offer designated areas outside to accommodate our smoking guests. Smoking is permitted ONLY in these designated areas. If we discover that you have smoked in your room, a minimum $250 fee will be charged for professional cleaning and sterilization. If irreparable damage of any type is discovered, you also will be charged for all costs incurred to restore the room to its original condition.
- Children – For safety reasons and for the comfort of our guests, only children age 16 or older can be accommodated. Well-behaved and supervised children are allowed only at events where there exclusive use of the Inn has been booked (such as weddings, family reunions, etc.).
- Extra Guests – Each room has a maximum occupancy of two guests. The only exception is the Cottage, which can accommodate two additional guests for an additional $39 per night per guest. Due to insurance restrictions, this limit is strictly enforced. If it is discovered that guests have misrepresented themselves, they will be required to depart the premises immediately without a refund. Only registered guests are allowed on the property, with the exception of all-estate rentals. At no time are unregistered guests permitted entry into guest rooms or use of the Inn’s amenities.
- Parking – Private parking is available to all guests at no additional charge. Some rooms, such as The Cottage and Tuscany Suite, have their own designated parking spots just steps from the room’s entry.
- Pets – For the comfort of all our guests, we regret that no pets are allowed. Service animals are permitted.
- Key Replacement – There is a $40 replacement fee if keys are not returned.
- Left Items – Please check your room before you depart to make sure you take all your belongings. We are not responsible for items that have been forgotten. If you forget something important and notify us, and we can locate the item, we will be happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping.
- Website Accessibility Statement – The Inn on Crescent Lake is committed to making our website accessible to people with disabilities.
We have designed our website to be accessible for impaired users to see, navigate, interact and understand the content provided as per the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA).
We have tested the functionality of this website with the achecker.ca tool and the Google Chrome Accessibility Audit tool. We have also tested keyboard only functionality so that people who use screen readers or can’t use a mouse are able to navigate through the website pages efficiently.
We will continue to make every effort to meet evolving accessibility standards.
Currently our reservation system does not meet AA standards of WCAG 2.0. This is something we will continue to address with our reservation company, so that it too will be accessible to people with disabilities in the future. If you find you are having difficulty determining availability or booking an accommodation via our online system, please contact us at the links below and we will be happy to assist you directly.
As we continue to improve our website functionality, we appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We welcome impaired users to share accessibility issues you may find.
Contact us at the links below.